May 18, 2011

52 Hearts: Love the Rewards

So how have you been doing with encouraging some of the 52 people on your list?  My 52 Hearts link-up has been absent for a few weeks {due to end-of-school tests}, but I've been working on my list and adding folks to it as well.

One such addition happened at the grocery store the other day.  As Catz and I stood in the laundry soap/cleaning products aisle flipping through coupons, there she was.  A tiny, frail, elderly woman pushed her shopping cart slowly down the aisle right past us.  She appeared to be looking up at the top shelves, which were entirely too high for her small frame to reach, searching for something.  She was just precious and my heart went out to her, so I approached her from behind with "Can I help you find something?"  She slowly turned to face me saying "yes" as she faced me and met my gaze.  

"Do you know if they sell Sno-Blo?" she asked.  "Let me check," I told her.  Having seen this product before I turned immediately, found it on one of the lower shelves she had passed, and brought it to where she was standing.  She took it in her beautifully wrinkled hand as she beamed at me, and sounding completely relieved she explained that she was worried the store no longer carried this item.  We continued our conversation a bit more, and as she smiled and said "Thank you, dear," and turned to leave I put my hand on her back and said "I hope you enjoy your day."

It was that easy.  It didn't take long to show this sweet woman some kindness, though I would have loved it if she had stayed to talk longer. {She was a gem!} But that's all it takes to encourage someone else.  It costs nothing, yet the payback is priceless!

Feel free to link up below to your specific post's url and share how you've been an encouragement lately.  One little note: I'll be moving the 52 Hearts link-up over to Wednesdays for now.  Hope your week is full of encouragement, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I LOVE comments...you're so great to leave 'em for me. Thanks for taking the time!
~Susan