July 12, 2010

Uh, Have You Seen My Heart?

Remember Petra? Back when I was a teen in the 80's I thought they were the coolest Christian band around. Of course, in my sphere back then, they were the only Christian "rock band" I knew of...and was allowed to listen to. The only alternative for me then was hymn music on WMCU out of Miami, and that just wasn't gonna cut it in my eyeball-rolling, huffy-attitude, MTV world.

Anyway, Petra had a song that somehow stuck with me all these years later called "Thankful Heart."

"I have a thankful heart that You have given me
And it can only come from You...
Help me show my gratitude, And keep in me a thankful heart"

I'm amazed at how much God has blessed me.  I mean really, it's just crazy-awesome how He keeps finding ways to tickle my heart all the time.  Every single day. Like when I wake up to the alarm clock {that really wants to be smashed against the wall} and hear the cardinal singing out back.  Or when I need to run to the store for eggs for breakfast and find that TechDaddy filled up the car with gas last night while I slept.  Doesn't that just beat all?

Being thankful is a gift. I imagine it's kinda like finding out you have never-ending wealth and you want to share it with everyone.  {Sorry y'all, my monetary wealth is not flowing. It's more like a little drip.}  But my gratefulness to my Father is gushing. I just can't keep it inside anymore, all to myself! So I'm joining Ann Voskamp's Gratitude Community and keeping a list of 1000 gifts.


holy experience


Here's just the beginning...
1  - the baby mockers in the nest out back
2  - no school for two weeks
3  - my sweet hubby running downstairs to give me a kiss during work
4  - green grass growing in the yard
5  - fireworks in the driveway
6  - a first baby for our nephew and neice-in-love
7  - artichoke dip
8  - new sheets that don't have a hole by my feet
9  - pillowcase dresses
10 - my iPhone
11 - my family's good health {so nice to be a nose-breather again}
12 - our safe neighborhood
13 - rockin' worship music
14 - "Ingenious" boardgame
15 - "The Dick Van Dyke Show" on Netflix instant
16 - my 17-year-old sewing machine


If you would like to take part in what makes your heart thankful, just pop on over here.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the gratitude community! What a lovely list. I join you in gratitude for a safe neighborhood, your families good health and instant movies on Netflix. I didn't know the Dick Van Dyke show was on instant view! Good news!
    Grace and peace
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I LOVE comments...you're so great to leave 'em for me. Thanks for taking the time!
~Susan