February 7, 2011

joy of LOVE

Anyone who knows me well {read:TechDaddy and the kids} knows my crazy relationship with my camera. Most times I adore it…the shots come out just as I planned them, the settings are perfect, and all is right with the world. Uh-huh, right. But then there are those frequent rare occasions that the shots come out wonky {probably because I was rushed} and I just cannot blame said wonkiness on my skilz.

That’s when I imagine bashing the lens in with a bat. {Did I just say that out loud?} Hehe, nah of course I would never, ever dream of doing that.

Because right now I love my Nikon. And to celebrate that adoration I have been involved in the joy of LOVE class given by Kelly Willette. This photog op is all about capturing the many faces of love. What better way for this shutterbug to enjoy February – and my favorite Valentines – than to snap away! And since this class will last the whole 28 days of this month, Kelly is still inviting others to join in.

How does it work? Every morning in my inbox is a new lesson covering a different aspect of getting those great shots of our loved ones. And loved ones can be your spouse, kids, parents, pets – whomever you love. Some of the topics we’ve explored so far cover how they look, what they do, and what they wear. One of my faves so far is “then and now”…TechDaddy had such a babyface way back when! Also in the email are sample shots of Kelly’s as well as an occasional tutorial here and there. I'm loving all of her lesson ideas!

As I’m also known for filling up a card with 500 raw shots in less than a day, I’ll post some pix as soon as I get through processing. {This may take awhile so don’t hold your breath.} Have you been spending quality time with your camera? Please let me know so I can visit you and check out your great shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I LOVE comments...you're so great to leave 'em for me. Thanks for taking the time!
~Susan