April 20, 2011

So Good: Cookie Recipe

Oh. my. word.

Have you had these?  I think not.  Take a gander and soak it up…



In case you’re thinking that I have never had these delectable treats before due to my gushing on about them, you would be wrong.  I’ve had them many times before, though it’s been several months now since our last tangle.  That’s just how my taste buds are.  Even when some dreamy-goodness that I have previously drooled over dances across my tongue, a party happens in my mouth and my brain.  Every. single. time.

That’s just how I roll.

So the recipe…it’s pretty tough…okay it’s not really hard.  But I may get flak for it.  Cause it calls for a boxed cake mix.  And, I admit, sometimes I use those.  Now in my recent baking years I have tried to make everything from scratch.  And for some things I always will:

  • Pancakes, for one.  I just can’t give up Alton Brown’s fabulous buttermilk recipe.  It’s that good.  No box mix will e-ver compare.  Ever.
  • Chocolate chip cookies.  Need I say more?  Yes, those refrigerated dough tubes and buckets are so very convenient and some taste pretty good.  But I’d rather spend 15 minutes mixing a double-batch, freezing it into individual little bakable balls, and keeping them in the freezer to bake any time.  Why? They taste amazing {and they’re preservative-free}.
  • Chocolate-cherry fudge cake.  Chocolate. Cherry. Enough said.

So back to this recipe.  You know, the chocolate fudgey cookies?  Aw, c’mon…quit drooling over the photo, people.  You can go back and visit it later.  We’re moving on now. Ahem.

As I was saying, this recipe is super easy.  Like, you can do it during commercials when you watch Amazing Race.  Unless you’re part of the majority of the American population that has Tivo or Hulu or something like that.  Then you can make these little yummies any. time. you. want.  So here you go:

Chocolate Fudgey Cookies
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix {it's okay...one mix won't hurt you}
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil {I use canola}
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips {more is better in my opinion}

Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix the first three ingredients together in a bowl with either a mixer or your super-strong arm.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Spoon onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool for a few minutes.  Devour. And because I'm nice and sweet, I'll show some more cookie shots.


Do you hear that?  Sounds like your tummies are growling.  Or is that mine?  I guess it's time to eat another one.  And hey, don't you like my cute serving plate and pitcher?  I love them!!  They remind me of warm spring and cool streams and friendly daisies.  Because daisies are the friendliest flower and my favorites.  If you like 'em, you can get your own at Dayspring where everything is 25% off thru the end of April

But the cookies you'll have to make yourself.  I told you these were easy.  And I would never steer you wrong.  Especially when it relates to baked goods.  And even more so because they’re chocolate.  So go, live long, and bake cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I LOVE comments...you're so great to leave 'em for me. Thanks for taking the time!
~Susan