June 2, 2011

Inspiration Workshop #1: Handmade

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Wow, it's like I've been in a blogging fog this week.  With going to the local homeschool convention last week to working the largest used curriculum sale this week, my brain has been scattered.  Not to mention I've been living each day on less than optimal sleep due to the hours upon hours I've spent carving out a killer design for my bloggy move to Wordpress.  It makes me wish my window opened up to a Starbucks.  Open window, insert Starbucks card, receive favorite legal stimulant.  At drinkable temperature, please.

But no matter how fog-like my noggin has been I could not miss the linky party thrown by one of my favorite crafty hostesses, Gussy.  The prompt for her first Inspiration Workshop is all about "handmade."  Oh, this just makes me giddy with ideas!  I love handmade... seeing, buying, having, making... handmade rocks!  

As for the making of handmade fluff, I'd say my favorite avenue is sewing.  It's not always easy and my patience wears thin at times, but the end result is what makes it worth the effort.  As Catz has a heart for sewing as well, she and I often sneak off to our local fabric shop to check out patterns {and sometimes grab a frappuccino}.  Last year we bought some uber-cute ones and plan to spend this month in stitches {hee hee}.  Here's an overnight bag set...
Simplicity #2600
...and I love the iPod cases here...
Butterick #5054
Aren't they too cute? Though for the iPod cases I plan to adjust the sizes to fit our iPhones, and the backpacks need more inside pockets.  A girl can never, ever have too many pockets in her bag.  That's just a rule.  {A girls' rule, silly!}

So later this month I'll show you what we created.  It'll be cute.  It'll be slick. And it'll be right here so make sure to come back. Okay? Great, I can't wait to see ya again!

For more Inspiration Workshop be sure to visit Gussy!

3 comments:

  1. I want to learn to sew and have started shopping for a machine. Whose do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FPEA really drained me too! Or was I drained before I went? Excited for your creative time with Gussy. She is adorable!

    I also realized we were both in the Social Media talk last week, and did not know it. Yes, I was in the fog there too!

    Have fun at the sale, I won't make it today!
    Oh, and the move to Wordpress is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Wish I could make something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I LOVE comments...you're so great to leave 'em for me. Thanks for taking the time!
~Susan