![]() | |
| photo credit: MS Word |
{Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to follow my new series 31 Days to Make Your Marriage Thrive. Every day in the month of October I'll be giving you tips and tricks on how to make your marriage spectacular. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @LilbearMe for more #31dmymt, and check the bottom of this post for the beginning posts of this series!}
Day 2 - Listen when your husband speaks.
Today's tip for making your marriage thrive may sound like an easy one. I mean, how difficult is it to listen to someone? But the trick here is to really listen to everything he says. Do you know why? Let me explain.
My husband is an IT genius. {That's Information Technology, people...computers.} Sometimes at the end of the day when he talks to me about a demo he gave or some new product, he will use words that fly so high above my comprehension that I'll almost need a glossary of computer lingo. It may seem "out there" to me, but he totally gets it and is excited to tell me about it.
So you know what? I listen with rapt attention! When he sees me engaged in what he's saying or if I ask questions about it, this makes my man feel validated in what he's doing. My husband feels respected by my attention of him and that makes him feel incredibly loved. It also makes him want to talk to me and hear about my day or what I like {and we women like to talk}, so it's a win-win situation.
So whether your man is describing an incredible sports play he just saw on tv, explaining how he made dovetailed joints with his woodworking tools, or sharing about a childhood memory, just showing him that you're interested in what he's about speaks volumes to him. And that's one step closer to strengthening a great marriage.
Do you find it easy to listen to your husband when he shares with you?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's the rest of the series "31 Days to Make Your Marriage Thrive":
Day 1: Don't Forget Date Night
For more 31 Days series' visit The Nester.

My husband is also in IT and loves to go on and on about things I have no clue about! I'm extremely guilty of just tuning him out. I'll certainly make more of an effort to actively listen. I listen to my five year old go on and on about trains - shouldn't I give my husband at least the same respect? Thanks for the post!
ReplyDelete